You are here: Home > Resources > Operating Instructions > Y-Connector Operating Instructions
Y-Connector Operating Instructions
- Do NOT use Teflon tape or sealant on hose fittings. These fitting use straight threads and seal by compressing the mating tapered seats. Teflon tape on the threads can interfere with a tight seal between the two halves of the fittings.
- Fuel gas fittings are identified with a groove in the wrench flats. These fittings have LEFT HAND THREADS; they are tightened opposite “normal” right hand threads and cannot be interchanged.
- Tighten all fittings using two wrenches.
- Fuel gas hose is RED, oxygen hose is GREEN.
- To adapt the burner to single source oxygen and fuel hoses:
- Connect the fuel gas hose nuts  (red hose) to the fuel gas “Y” connector 
- Connect the fuel gas hose coupler  to the fuel gas “Y” connector 
- Connect the fuel gas supply hose  to the fuel gas hose coupler 
- Connect the oxygen hose nut  (green hose) to the oxygen “Y” connector 
- Connect the oxygen hose coupler  to the oxygen “Y” connector 
- Connect the oxygen supply hose  to the oxygen hose coupler 
- Before using the burner, check all connections for leaks.